Monday, September 27, 2010

Report: Brian Windhorst leaving Plain Dealer for ESPN to cover the Heat

Reports have surfaced that Brian Windhorst is "taking his talents" to South Beach to cover the Miami Heat.  This after ESPN offered him what I'm sure is a lucrative deal for his insider access of LeBron.  I'm not surprised, and I don't even really care.  Windhorst was always a LeBron lover.

Like LeBron, he chose to ditch the city that put him on the map.  Congrats Brian, we won't miss you.

Sincerely, the city of Cleveland

** I recently decided my comments about Brian were unfair and were rather rash and unfounded.  It's simply bad timing for another prominent name in Cleveland sports to be heading to Miami (and ESPN).  You can't blame him for choosing a bigger market and wanting to advance his career.  He deserves respect as does any other reporter.  I still stick by my statement that he is a LeBron lover.  And he might just regret this decision when the 8 seed Cavaliers upset #1 Miami in a playoff shocker of epic proportions.  Don't quote me on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment